Swimming pools are basically open water systems that are very susceptible to elements in the environment that are usually attracted to water such as bacteria, fungi, algae, and viruses. Taking a few simple and easy precautions to prevent contamination is easier than you think.
You can also visit www.majesticpoolinc.com to know about pool maintenance services on Long Island.
Image Source: Google
1. Make sure your pool is always closed when not in use. This will prevent leaves, insects, dirt, and dirt from entering your pool. This is one of the most basic elements of maintaining a proper and effective swimming pool.
2. You want to make sure the water is warm when you use it and investing in sun protection is a good choice. Sun cover is relatively inexpensive and can help heat your pool water by one degree per day and will also help trap heat at night.
3. Keeping your pool’s chlorine level at optimal levels is very important in preventing the growth of algae and fungi. After that happens, they can be very difficult to clean and remove so buying a quality pool testing kit is a must.
4. To maintain an accurate reading of your pool’s pH and chlorine levels, replace your chemical test equipment regularly. Using an old kit may not give you the best reading and these are two areas you need to make sure to swim safely and healthily.
5. Clean your pool every week. Because people use your pool, they can unwittingly carry a lot of dirt and it can accumulate quickly.